Eligibility: Summer Camp at Home is open to any oncology patient, or any sibling of an oncology patient, who are between the ages of 9 years old and high school graduation. Never been to Camp before? New campers are WELCOME! Register and come join the fun!
Summer Camp at Home Important Dates:
Camp in a Box Pickup Day
July 9 - 15
Summer Camp Session 1
July 23 -29
|Summer Camp Session 2
Session2 open to Campersa ages 9 - 12
What is Summer Camp at Home?
Summer Camp At Home is comprised of two parts:
- Summer Camp in a Box
- Summer Camp Online
Summer Camp in a Box is just like it sounds. It's a box filled with all the fun stuff from summer and materials campers will need to participate in Summer Camp Online.
Summer Camp in a Box will include:
- Limited edition 2021 Camp T-shirt and other Camp Swag.
- Age specific suppies to engage in our online games, activities and arts & crafts.
- Each Camper who is Summer Camp eligible gets a box!
When you register for Camp in a Box, you will select a location, date & time, and when will pick up your box for your Camper(s).
Just like Summer Bus pick-up, these will be at various Ronald McDonald Houses in Southern California
Summer Camp Online will be our way of bringing the fun camp activities into the home! These will be LIVE activities and programs led by our amazing volunteer Camp Counselors! Your Campers will be able to engage with fellow Campers and chat with some of their favorite Counselors from Camp. We have quite a few exciting changes instore for 2021 Summer Camp at Home. More details about our TWO Summer Camp Online Session:
- Session 1 (July 9-15) will only be for our TEENAGE Campers ages 13 – HS Graduation.
- Session 2 (July 23-29) will only be for our Campers ages 9 – 12.
- Sessions are offered by age in order to provide more age specific activities AND more age specific materials in the Camp in a Box!
- All Campers will be placed in virtual Cabin groups with their own Cabin Counselors that they will see each day during the session!
- Each session will kick off on Friday night with opening Campfire followed by ALL CAMPERS meeting their cabin & cabin counselors!
- The session will close with a final campfire & closing
- There will always be at least two Counselors and a support staff on each video call.
- There will be a wide variety of activities offered:
- Cabin specific activities
- Free choice activities
- All-Camp activities
- Favorites like arts & crafts, game time, cooking, etc.
NOTE: Summer Camp Online Activity Sign-ups: Closer to Summer Camp Online Session (in late June) we will send out a sign-up email so the Campers can sign up for the activities they want to attend. We will be sending this email out to everyone who registers for Camp in a Box…so don’t miss that step!
How Do I Register My Camper(s)?
Registration for the Summer Camp in a Box portion of Summer Camp at Home opens April 1st. After April 1st, simply click on the button below to visit our registration system to register! Please register ASAP so we can get an accurate count for Camp in a Box supplies!
If you have ANY questions at all about Family Camp at Home or the registration process, please contact Jasmin Joya, Family Relations & Recruitment Manager, at [email protected]
Want to HELP ensure every child gets Camp In A Box this summer?
The healing impact of Camp is made possible through the generous support of those who believe in our mission.
You can CLICK HERE to donate a box for a child affected by pediatric cancer!
Consider becoming a Sponsor for our Camp-in-a-Box summer programming? Contact Lauren Dascher at [email protected]