You’re family, friends, coworkers and group can help Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times make the first day of camp a happy day a memorable one for our kids heading up to Summer Camp. Help us by co-host our “Off to CAMP” event. Before each of our camp sessions, our campers meet at the LA Ronald McDonald House to sign in and check in for camp.
For many, this is the first time they and their brothers and sisters will be away from home, and have a chance to have fun and to be just kids again after fighting a major illness. Help us by starting this celebration of life and joy with some of the strongest people you will ever meet.
Sign up your group to help our campers head “Off to CAMP”
Where: 1250 Lyman Place, Los Angeles, 90029
Timeline/Information for Off To Camp Service Project
- 10:00am-10:15am: Arrival and Unload
- 10:15am-11:15am: Prepare camper lunches
- 11:15am-12:15pm: Distribute lunches & visit with campers/counselors/parents
- 12:30pm-1:00pm: Lunch and Camp Video Viewing
(Camp will provide lunch for your group after the busses take off!)
Meal Information: Volunteers provide the food, drinks and brown bags for campers and counselors as the load the bus to head Off to Camp. Quantities will vary by camp session (on average volunteers prepare 70-90 lunches). We will confirm quantity a week prior to the date. Please, no peanut products as part of the lunch/snack due to camper allergies. Please keep the lunch as healthy as possible. See a few sample lunches below:
- Turkey sandwich, string cheese, apple slices, baked chips and water
- Veggie and cheese wrap, hummus, pretzels, orange slices, water
- Ham and cheese sandwich, granola bar, banana, baked chips, water
- Brown bags
- Sandwich bags
- Mustard and/or mayo packs for sandwiches
For more inforation, or to sign up to host an "Off To CAMP" event, please contact Nicole Ring or call her at (323) 788-2471.