An easy way to help the Orange County Ronald McDonald House is to collect pop tabs for recycling. It’s a great fundraising project for scout troops, civic groups, schools, and churches. Since our collection drive started in 1998, we have raised over $77,000 from recycling pop tabs. The money earned (100 percent of it) goes to offset the costs of running the Orange County Ronald McDonald House.
4 easy steps to collecting pop tabs:
- Ask students/co-workers to save pop tabs from their aluminum beverage cans in a baggie, coffee can, or other small container. Please do not bring tabs from cans that are not aluminum. To test, place a magnet near the tab in question. Aluminum is not magnetic. Please do not collect your pop tabs in containers with small openings such as milk jugs and two liter bottles; it makes taking them out difficult!
- Designate a large container in your school/office as the collection point.
- Display a poster in your school/business/organization to get people excited about collecting pop tabs.
- Purchase small or large collection House at the Orange County Ronald McDonald House.
Up to 5 small collection houses are free; the cost is 25¢ for each additional small collection house. These pint-sized containers hold about 850 pop tabs.
Up to 2 large collection houses are free; the cost is $1.50 for each additional large collection house. These larger containers hold about 15-20 pounds of pop tabs.
We aren’t currently accepting pop tabs due to construction
Once you have collected pop tabs:
- Once you have collected your pop tabs, please drop them off at the Orange County Ronald McDonald House! We have a collection container in the back of the house by the recycling bins, so you are welcome to drop them off 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If dropping off your pop tabs at the Orange County Ronald McDonald House isn’t convenient, you are welcome to either mail them directly to us, or take your tabs to a recycling location and mail a check to us. Please include your name, school, or organization name and contact information.
Please send checks to:
Orange County Ronald McDonald House
c/o Pop Tab Program
383 South Batavia Street
Orange, California 92868
If you are interested in getting involved or would like to know more, please click on the Get Involved button. We look forward to speaking with you!