Thank you for your interest in referring a family to the Orange County Ronald McDonald House. Since our opening in 1989, the Orange County Ronald McDonald House has worked closely with medical partners to provide housing, comfort, care and support to families receiving medical treatment in the Orange County area.
If you are a medical professional and are interested in referring a family to stay at the Orange County Ronald McDonald House and haven't worked with us before, please call us at 714-639-3600 and we can walk you through our guidelines and referral process.
Some of what we provide to our guest families includes:
- 20 private guest rooms with
- Spacious kitchen
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Transportation assistance to and
from area hospitals
- Caring staff on site 24/7
- TV areas, kids’ playroom, library,
and large cozy living room
- Non-denominational sanctuary
- Computers and free wireless internet
- Home-cooked meals on most
When referring a family, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- The family must have a child admitted to CHOC Children’s, UCI Medical Center, Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, CHOC at Mission, St. Joseph Hospital, Western Medical Center, Anaheim Memorial Hospital or Healthbridge. If you are referring from another hospital, you will need to call us at 714-639-3600.
- The patient must be 18 years old or younger. Exceptions may be made if patient is over the age of 18 but under the age of 21 and is being treated for a childhood illness.
- No more than 4 people to a room, maximum. Because of our housing limitations, we are unable to provide a second room for families.
- Any person who is under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult relative or legal guardian at all times while in the Orange County Ronald McDonald House.