To stay at the Los Angeles Ronald McDonald House (LARMH), consult with your child’s medical team to review eligibility.
Please keep in mind:
- The patient must be under the age of 21 and admitted as an inpatient or receiving active outpatient treatment at a partner medical facility.
- The parent/guardian must be 18+ to reserve a room.
- All members of the guest family must meet LARMH requirements, including (1) having no current drug/alcohol abuse, (2) having no conviction relating to domestic violence or crimes against children, including status as a registered sex offender; and (3) having no open case with the Department of Children and Family Services.
- All guests and visitors must be free from any communicable illness, infectious disease or physical condition that may endanger the health of other residents in a communal environment, particularly those who may be immune-suppressed.
- All accompanying adults must present valid, non-expired photo identification.
- There is a suggested room contribution of $25 per night, but this is optional; no family is turned away due to an inability to pay. As needed, we also work with California Children’s Services, insurance companies, and third-party sponsors to cover the cost of housing.
- While each family will have a private bedroom and bathroom, we provide communal living with shared spaces.
- LARMH does not provide daycare.
Our close proximity to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center means
that the majority of our families are served at one of these partner facilities, although we accept families from other medical centers such as UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and local clinics.