The Los Angeles Ronald McDonald House (LARMH) provides housing and support services to families traveling to Los Angeles to receive medical care for their child. If you are interested in staying at our House, consult with your child’s medical team to review eligibility.
Please keep in mind:
- All guests and visitors must be free from any communicable illness, infectious disease or physical condition that may endanger the health of other residents in a communal environment, particularly those who may be immune-suppressed.
- We currently require all guests to provide a negative COVID test from their hospital or approved government testing site. We ask guests to limit their social activity outside of the House and medical facility to reduce risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- The patient must be under the age of 21 and admitted as an inpatient or receiving active outpatient treatment at a partner medical facility.
- The parent/guardian must be 18+ to reserve a room.
- All members of the guest family must meet LARMH requirements, including (1) having no current drug/alcohol abuse, (2) having no conviction relating to domestic violence or crimes against children, including status as a registered sex offender; and (3) having no open case with the Department of Children and Family Services.
- All adults will undergo regular screenings of their country’s registered sex offender registry.
- There is a suggested room contribution of $25 per night, but this is optional; no family is turned away due to an inability to pay. As needed, we also work with California Children’s Services, insurance companies, and third-party sponsors to cover the cost of housing.
- While each family will have a private bedroom and bathroom, our House provides communal living with shared spaces.
- LARMH does not provide daycare.
- Most guest rooms can accommodate up to 2-4 people, with limited availability for up to 6 people.
- Our House operates with a wait list, so we recommend having a backup plan for your stay in Los Angeles.
Our close proximity to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center means the majority of our families are served at one of these partner facilities, although we accept families from other medical centers such as UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and local clinics.