A room request does not guarantee a reservation, our House has limited capacity, typically with a waitlist. Same-day requests are welcome. Requests can be made for a 28-day stay with the option to extend the stay if needed. These must come from the patient’s medical social worker, care coordinator, nurse, or doctor at a local partner facility.
We rely on our medical partners to refer only those families who meet our eligibility requirements and who are a good fit for communal living. Please keep in mind:
- The patient must be under the age of 21 and admitted as an inpatient or receiving active outpatient treatment at a partner medical facility.
- The parent/guardian must be 18+ to reserve a room.
- All members of the guest family must meet LARMH requirements, including (1) having no current drug/alcohol abuse, (2) having no conviction relating to domestic violence or crimes against children, including status as a registered sex offender; and (3) having no open case with the Department of Children and Family Services.
- All guests and visitors must be free from any communicable illness, infectious disease or physical condition that may endanger the health of other residents in a communal environment, particularly those who may be immune-suppressed.
- All accompanying adults must present valid, non-expired photo identification.
- There is a suggested room contribution of $25 per night, but this is optional; no family is turned away due to an inability to pay. As needed, we also work with California Children’s Services, insurance companies, and third-party sponsors to cover the cost of housing.