Here, parents with children in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) and CVICU (Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit) can take a few moments to relax, eat and shower. The Ronald McDonald Family Rooms help parents find relief and support by talking with others in similar circumstances, while maintaining the comfort of being down the hall from their hospitalized child.
The facilities feature a living room with plasma TV, games for children, a kitchenette, quiet reflection area, and a family resource library with computers so families can use e-mail and do research.
- 30,849: Total visits last year
- 10,368: Number of visits to watch TV
- 12,962: Number of visits to the kitchen
- 6,363: Number of quiet room visits
- 1,156: Number of visits to computer library
The Ronald McDonald Family Room-CHOC Children's is a program of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California.