Thank you for your interest in referring a family to the Bakersfield Ronald McDonald House. Since our opening, the Bakersfield Ronald McDonald House has worked closely with medical partners to provide housing, comfort, care and support to families receiving medical treatment in the Kern County area.
In order to refer a family, they must meet the following criteria:
- The patient must be 21 years of age or younger
- The patient must be currently receiving active inpatient or outpatient medical treatment
- The family must live at least 25 miles from the House
Please Note: A room request does not guarantee a reservation, but we do our very best to accommodate everyone. Same day requests are welcome. The first referral must come from a social worker, care coordinator, nurse or doctor.
However, since a large percentage of our families are repeat visitors, after the first referral, they are able to self-refer. Once the family self-refers, we will confirm the information with the medical professional who first referred the family.
We will discuss the following with the family:
- We request a payment of a nominal nightly fee. Some families pay a portion of the nightly fee. No eligible family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay.
- We request to see their insurance information.
- We request to see the parent’s valid, non-expired photo identification.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Scarlett Sabin, House Manager by clicking here.
The Bakersfield Ronald McDonald House is only minutes away from your medical facility:
- Bakersfield Memorial Hospital: On campus and only steps away
- San Joaquin Community Hospital: Five minutes away