Thank you for your interest in referring a family to the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House. Since our opening in 2004, the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House has worked closely with medical partners to provide housing, comfort, care, and support to families receiving medical treatment in the Pasadena area.
In order to refer a family, they must meet the following criteria:
- The patient must be 21 years of age or younger
- The patient must be currently receiving active inpatient or outpatient medical treatment
- The family must live at least 25 miles from the House
- To refer families to the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House please fill out the room request form PDF above and fax to 626-585-1688.
Once we receive the room request, we will call to confirm we received it.
Please Note: A room request does not guarantee a reservation, but we do our very best to accommodate everyone. Same day requests are welcome. The first referral must come from a social worker, care coordinator, nurse or doctor.
We will discuss the following with the family:
- We request a payment of a nominal nightly fee of $25. Some families pay a portion of the nightly fee. No eligible family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay.
- We request to see their insurance information
- We request to see the parent’s valid, non-expired photo identification
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Operations Director, at 626-204-0401 or via the contact page.
The Pasadena Ronald McDonald House is only a few miles away from your medical facility:
- Huntington Hospital – Across the street
- Shriners for Children Medical Center – about 0.5 miles away
- City of Hope National Medical Center – about 5 miles away
- LAC+USC Medical Center – about 8 miles away
- UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital – about 28 miles away
- And many more...