In order to refer a family, they must meet the following criteria:
- The patient must be 21 years of age or younger
- The patient must be currently receiving active inpatient or outpatient medical treatment
- The family must live at least 25 miles from the House
- To refer families to the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House please fill out the room request form PDF above and fax to 626-585-1688.
Once we receive the room request, we will call to confirm we received it.
Please Note: A room request does not guarantee a reservation, but we do our very best to accommodate everyone. Same day requests are welcome. The first referral must come from a social worker, care coordinator, nurse or doctor.
We will discuss the following with the family:
- We request a payment of a nominal nightly fee of $25. Some families pay a portion of the nightly fee. No eligible family is ever turned away if they are unable to pay.
- We request to see their insurance information
- We request to see the parent’s valid, non-expired photo identification
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Operations Director, at 626-204-0401 or via the contact page.
The Pasadena Ronald McDonald House is only a few miles away from your medical facility:
- Huntington Hospital – Across the street
- Shriners for Children Medical Center – about 0.5 miles away
- City of Hope National Medical Center – about 5 miles away
- LAC+USC Medical Center – about 8 miles away
- UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital – about 28 miles away
- And many more...