- The organization or service for which funds are sought must be located within the counties of Inyo, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura.
- The program must deal with civic needs, social services, education, the arts or healthcare issues to be eligible for funding.
- The service must directly help children in need, age 21 years and younger.
- Funds can be used as seed money for start-up programs, funding for existing programs or funding for tangible goods such as buildings, supplies, medicine, etc.
- Requests for $25,000 or more will not be considered. The average value of grants awarded is $10,000.
The following areas of service will not be considered for funding by RMHCSC:
- Academic scholarships
- Administrative salaries or fees
- Advertising and fundraising drives
- General expenses (overhead, office materials, travel, postage, etc.)
- Partisan and political programs
All applications MUST include supporting materials to be considered. The following items are required to complete a grant application:
- Original completed grant application with appropriate signatures. Copy of 501(c) (3) classification letter from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Itemized budget for specific funds requested in this application.
- Two copies of financial information (Requirements depend on amount requested. See application for more information.)
- Please be sure that part two of the application is reflective only for the project the funds are requested for.
Each application is evaluated based upon its merit and available funding for the specific fiscal year. There may be a site visit as part of the application and screening process.
All applications and supporting materials should be received by September 29, 2017 All grant applicants will be notified as to whether or not they have received an RMHCSC grant in mid- to late March 2018. Funds are typically dispersed within the second quarter of 2018.