- Provide two flat screen televisions for bedrooms to replace large televisions.
- Show your creativity by painting and redecorating bedroom 3 or 7, at the House. The design must be preapproved and paint color must be Navajo white/Indian Legend; ICI paint # 38YY 72/117.
- Replace utility sink in our 763 House laundry room.
- Replace the seating area in the dining room. Currently, there are 4 tables and 16 chairs.
- Provide a rug/protective covering for the dining room floor – requires matching current style, and measuring size and placement in the room.
- Replace the linoleum floors in either the 763 House or the 765 House.
- Design and install window treatments – including blinds & curtains for room #6, 763 laundry room, and the 765 family room.
- Add solar stake lights to front and back yards for both houses.
- Replace the broken bender boards between parking spaces in the parking area.
- Create a variety of outdoor seating areas on the sides of the House and near the little free library.
- Check and replace sprinkler heads as needed and create a diagram of the entire sprinkler system.
- Repot plants in the parking area and replant matching plants in the planters on the front porch.
- Replace and/or fix the fence near the 763 House parking area.
- Add decorative bark/mulch to all flowerbeds and gardens around each House.
- Fix or replace the pump for our outdoor fountain.
- Repaint, refurbish and stock the playhouse in the 763 backyard with furniture, dishes, and toys.
- Refinish the swing set in the backyard of the 763 House and refinish outdoor furniture.
Other Important Projects:
- Prepare 20 Emergency Kits for the children, families, visitors, volunteers and staff who live and work at the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House.
- Host a food drive/supply drive (DVD’s, toys, office supplies, cleaning supplies, canned foods) for the House. Especially needed now – Spanish books for infants to adults and DVD’s for children.
- Help to increase the Meals of Love program with restaurants, churches and civic organizations.
- Create photo display boards or scrapbook pages of recent projects and events at the House.
- Plan holiday celebrations for the children and families at the House to include, food, games, decorations and gifts. Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s.
If you are interested in completing any of the following projects, please contact Elizabeth Dever, Director, at 626-204-0400 or via email at email@example.com.