Summary: Responsible for proper cleanliness of the house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Clean building common areas, restrooms, kitchens and guest rooms by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and/or vacuuming.
- Collect and empty trash.
- Dust, clean and polish furniture and fixtures and clean windows and mirrors.
- Process laundry throughout the day/evening/overnight ensuring that it is all washed, dried, folded and put in its proper location before the start of each day.
- Follow proper procedures for the safe use of chemical cleaners and operation of power equipment.
- Notify Operations Manager, Facilities, concerning the need for repairs or maintenance to any unsafe conditions throughout the guest rooms and common area.
- Maintain adequate inventory and place orders for cleaning supplies, linen, and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Assist with set up, decorations, tables, chairs, and in preparation of special events.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings as requested (i.e., all employee meeting).
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and Work Experience:
High School diploma or (GED) with two (2) years of relevant work experience preferred, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
General knowledge and demonstrated experience with housekeeping; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, families and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret all procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, families, customers, and the general public. Spanish speaking preferred.
Ability to calculate basic figures and amounts such as percentages, weights, and measures.
Ability to solve practical problems, ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.