This position is responsible for assisting the RMHCSC information technology functions for our chapter and our programs. Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of our information technology at each of our sites.
Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care, and support to children and families in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm, and joy. RMHCSC operates six Ronald McDonald Houses and two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, along with Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Works cooperatively with our programs, stakeholders, vendors, and volunteers. Is available to troubleshoot and address issues immediately at all of our sites.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, etc.)
- Check computer hardware to ensure the functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Assist with managing technological inventory, including ordering items, logging items received, and preparing retired equipment for e-waste
- Assist with managing the company’s security program, including, but not limited to, conducting updates, managing password changes, and account management.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality in all work.
- Work on additional projects given by the Director of Finance and Administration or other analysis as requested by management.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical skills. Must be well organized and detail-oriented. Experience with not-for-profit accounting software is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong and effective communication with a wide variety of audiences.
- General knowledge and demonstrated experience with office management; knowledge of the organization’s operations of administrative programs; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, board members, families, and the general public.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; extensive knowledge of Exceed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Driving throughout the region and maintaining a valid driver’s license is a requirement of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.