Job Title OPERATIONS MANAGER – FACILITIES
Division: Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times / APPLE CANYON CENTER
56400 Apple Canyon Road Mountain Center, CA 92561
Reports To: Operation Director
FLSA STATUS Non-exempt; Full Time
Rate: $60K/ Year
Apple Canyon Center is a year-round camp and conference facility in Southern California on 60 acres in the San Jacinto Mountains near Idyllwild. Surrounded by National Forest at 4,500 ft. elevation, it is the home of (and operated by) “Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times,” a camping program that serves children with cancer and their families. The facility has a capacity of 200+ and serves not only the Good Times programs but is also open to outside user groups.
To provide cancer patients and their families with a rewarding outdoor experience by:
- developing self-confidence and independence
- developing friendships with others
- developing a spirit of cooperation and group identity
- developing skills and interests
OUTSIDE USER GOALS:
- To provide safe, clean, comfortable grounds /facilities to enhance the program experience for guests. Provide friendly and generous reception and services to guests, visitors, or strangers.
- Development and oversight of year-round maintenance and upkeep of facilities, grounds, and safety systems to enhance the program experience for guests.
- Provide friendly and generous reception and services to guests, visitors, or strangers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages facility personnel (hiring, training, supervision, evaluation)
- Along with the Operations Director, develops and monitors facility operation budget projections
- In line with the approved budget, oversees pricing & purchasing of janitorial, facility supplies, facility equipment, etc.
- Serves as a member of Camp Emergency Response Team (CRMDFGT & Rental Groups)
- Oversees and manages the maintenance of grounds, facilities, equipment, and materials to meet or exceed requirements and standards of the county, state, and federal authorities, and the American Camp Association.
- Continued development and execution of a written Comprehensive Facility Plan that includes regular inspections, maintenance routines, repair, and replacement of all camp systems
- Maintain a safe working environment and support safe working practices with co-workers volunteers , and when executing job functions
- Assist in the organization, and execution of facility maintenance and upgrade workweek events utilizing volunteers
- Assist Operations Director with rental groups
- Be the liaison to electric, Cintas (fire protection) and vendors as they come in
- Coordinate and calendar work weekend with volunteers
- Assist Operation Director with Culinart scheduling and coordinate menus pertaining to rental groups.
- Mature, capable, mechanically oriented person.
- Basic custodial skills.
- Good skills in the use of hand and power tools.
- Basic understanding of plumbing, electrical and HVAC Systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and guests.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision from and work with others.
- Physical ability to work in exposed outdoor environments.
- Desire and ability to work in an outdoor camp/retreat environment.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the job.
- Self-starter and good organizational skills.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, patience, and self-control.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Willingness and ability to work in a drug-free and tobacco-free environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret bills and work proposals.
- Ability to effectively share information and respond to questions from all Camp constituencies.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate basic figures and amounts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, and holidays. Be exposed to an outdoor environment with sun, heat, and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.