Job Title: Operations Associate, Guest Services
Division: Ronald McDonald House, Inland Empire
Reports To: Operations Director / Operation Manager, Guest Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care, and support to children and families in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm, and joy. RMHCSC operates six Ronald McDonald Houses, and two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, along with Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
The Operations Associates, Guest Services manages the entire operation of the House during scheduled shifts and is responsible for the safety and overall management of the House. The Operations Associate, Guest Services is responsible for maintaining the atmosphere of a caring environment with guests, volunteers, and other staff following policies, procedures, and standards set by RMHCSC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards and anticipate and address guests service needs;
- Perform the function of "manager on duty" and act as the first point of contact for any issues that may arise during the scheduled shift;
- Interact with and offer comfort to House guests in a supportive manner, as appropriate;
- Respond to emergency situations and know how to use all safety equipment;
- Communicate in writing about events that occurred during the shift, through shift reports;
- Housekeeping such as vacuum, dust and disinfect; and when necessary cleaning of a guest room; when necessary;
- Responsible for stocking and monitoring inventory of household supplies and consumable goods; keeps a current list of needs for Operations Manager, Guest Services, and Operations Director;
- Use daily task list and overnight worklist to ensure required operational tasks and duties are completed;
- Ensure safety and security of guests and house during the shift.
- Greet the public, accept and thank for donations, give House tours and answer questions related to all aspects of House operations;
- Respond to guest complaints, taking prompt and appropriate actions to resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained;
- Exercise good judgment in decision-making and reporting issues to Operations Manager, Family Services and Operations Director as appropriate;
- Pay close attention to details with the capability to oversee House operations and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Properly supervise House volunteers by ensuring that volunteers understand House commitment to guest service and that they observe standards of conduct, rules, safety regulations, and House policies;
- Conduct arrival and departure audits of guest rooms and common areas to ensure that House high cleaning standards are maintained;
- Assist when necessary in the processing of laundry throughout the day/evening/overnight ensuring that it is all washed, dried, folded and put in its proper location before the start of each day.
Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years in the same or similar position. Hotel/hospital experience beneficial.
Knowledge and Skills:
General knowledge and demonstrated experience with office management; knowledge of the organizations and operations of administrative programs; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form. The candidate must be highly dependable and responsible. Also must demonstrate highly developed customer service skills. Positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, and appropriate dress required. Spanish language skills are beneficial.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be organized, focused, and have a track record of excellent judgment. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and be willing to work evenings/weekends, etc. as necessary. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights/graveyard, and holidays. Must be highly dependable and reliable.
Ability to read and interpret basic information in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, board members, families, and the general public. Spanish language skills are beneficial.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties regularly require standing, walking using hands to finger, handle, or feel; reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling; talking, or hearing. Frequently required to be on feet. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, one must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.