Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care, and support to children and families with seriously ill children, creating a “home away from home” for these families while their children receive extended medical treatments. One of the few organizations created explicitly to support caregivers of children undergoing treatment for severe injuries or illness, RMHCSC provides shelter and supportive services to more than 8500 family members whose children are accessing life-saving pediatric treatments at more than 26 renowned hospitals in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with hope, enthusiasm, and joy. RMHCSC operates seven Ronald McDonald Houses, three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times. Our dynamic community thrives on teamwork, collaboration, trust, and support for one another to ensure we serve our mission.
The Administrative Coordinator participates in weekly departmental meetings and plays a vital role in the fundraising success of the Development Department of the Chapter Office. The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Development Manager and oversees administrative support duties while informing and upholding the policies, procedures, and standards set by RMHCSC. The ideal candidate thrives on meticulously organizing information and understands the significance of accurate data management in administrative tasks relating to donations and financial data. Proficiency in spreadsheet software and an inherent love for delving into data are paramount for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general office support for RMHCSC; answer the telephone, organize and maintain files, maintain records, office equipment/supplies and professional physical appearance of the office.
- Work with the RMHCSC finance department to reconcile monthly expenses and revenue.
- Process all check and cash donations according to standard operating procedures and make deposits (use eDeposit system and go to the bank as necessary), accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare check requests for invoices and obtain the appropriate authorization signatures. Prepare monthly expense reports for self and other staff.
- Prepare and send finance packets weekly, re-distributing all hard copy materials printed or delivered to the administrative office, to the accounting team.
- Act as a first point of contact for volunteer inquiries submitted by phone and by web, answering questions and providing information as needed.
- Process all credit card donations and create related reports for the Program Support Center.
- Work closely with Development Manager to ensure cash donations are allotted to the administrative coordinator of the correct program (deposit the check, scan copy and email the administrative coordinator)
- Provide input on ideas to improve systems and processes to improve efficiency across the Chapter.
Development and Event Support and Donor Stewardship:
- Ensure that all donations to RMHCSC are entered into the Raisers Edge database according to established protocols.
- Generate all donor acknowledgement letters/correspondence in a timely manner, assessing all details of the letters and customizing letters as necessary to ensure a positive donor experience.
- Become proficient in the CRM database (Raiser’s Edge and NXT), completing recommended courses provided by our vendor.
- Provide the Development Team support as needed to track donor interactions in our CRM (Raiser’s Edge)
- Under the supervision of the Development Manager, assist with the organization and execution of special events that support RMHCSC to ensure that high production value and target revenue goals are met. These events include but are not limited to the Annual Golf Tournament, The Staff Retreat, Major Donor Appreciation Event, Breaking Ceilings Fundraiser, and All Board Retreat. This includes tracking sponsorships, tickets, payments, and helping with event preparation, day-of support, and clean up.
- Implement the Circle of Healing stewardship plan, ensuring new donors receive a welcome packet and all donors have a series of touchpoints throughout the year.
- Learn and understand all facets of donation revenue types to ensure proper processing and coding of unrestricted, restricted, or endowment gifts.
- Process end-of-year receipts for all monthly giving donors and prepare and distribute annual statements for major donors ($1,000 annually and up).
- Support the development of the database capabilities to achieve fundraising goals, which includes but is not limited to, entering new donors into the database, batching donations based on current guidelines and updating records ensuring accurate contact information.
- Track direct mail rejected donations, returned envelopes, as well as “No mail” requests. Generate and extract direct mail reports as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelors required. Three years administrative support in customer service, financial service, or non-profit setting. Interest in doing meaningful nonprofit work – specifically with helping sick children and their families, is desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
We are seeking a dedicated individual who possesses an exceptional passion for details, data management, and can track their workflow against goals and deliverables. A foundational knowledge of accounting procedures is essential, along with a proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, volunteers, and the general public. Detail orientation is a must, coupled with exceptional data processing skills that enable the candidate to handle complex information with accuracy and efficiency.
In addition to technical expertise, we require strong interpersonal skills that extend beyond the screen. The successful candidate must be adept at working closely with donors, demonstrating exceptional stewardship, and prioritizing the enhancement of the donor experience. An understanding of the intricacies involved in donor interactions and the ability to uphold positive relationships through the use of our technology and systems are key elements of this position.
This is an entry-level opportunity, making it an excellent steppingstone for individuals who are passionate about administrative coordination and data management, and eager to grow within the development team of a nonprofit. The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent attention to detail and superior time management skills, ensuring the smooth execution of various administrative tasks.
The role demands clear and effective communication skills, both in oral and written forms. The ability to articulate facts and recommendations cogently is crucial, as it facilitates seamless communication within the organization and with external stakeholders.
In summary, we are looking for a candidate who is not only passionate about the finer details of administrative tasks but also possesses the interpersonal finesse necessary for donor engagement. If you are enthusiastic about diving into data, managing spreadsheets, and enhancing donor experiences, we encourage you to apply for this position and embark on a fulfilling career journey with us.
- Ability to write & update reports, and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, and the general public.
- Spanish speaking abilities is a plus.
Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge Experience Preferred
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please write a cover letter and submit along with your resume to [email protected]