Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care and support to children and families in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm and joy, RMHCSC operates six Ronald McDonald Houses and two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, along with Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times. Ronald McDonald House Pasadena is located just steps away from Huntington Health and Shriners for Children Medical Center and provides a home-away-from-home for up to 17 families every night.
The Development Manager is responsible for the tactical execution of events; supporting donor outreach, cultivation and communications; and general administrative duties in support of development activities. In collaboration with the Executive Director, manage the financial growth of all fundraising activities and events through realistic goal-setting and strategic planning. Work with program staff to fully understand Ronald McDonald House Pasadena mission and programs, and communicate with external audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Executive Director to implement annual Fund Development Plan, track progress, and provide regular reports
- Oversee the use and maintenance of event and donor database (Raiser’s Edge), making sure all records are accurate and complete. Run reports to identify and track donors
- Complete donor research using appropriate tools
- Coordinate, participate in, and track donor stewardship activities
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of all donors including event participants
- Attend appropriate RMHCSC Associate Group meetings
- Provide staff support for Development Committee comprised of Board members and volunteers
- Manage all activities for fundraising events, including logistics, budgets, timelines, collaterals, donations, sponsorships, food & beverage, entertainment, volunteers, public relations, auctions, and summary reports. Primary events include Walk for Kids and SHINE Gala annually.
- Promote and support fundraising events coordinated by outside sources (third party events) that benefit the program.
- Solicit and secure corporate sponsorship, auction items and other items needed for events.
- Work with the event chairs and committee members to identify, recruit, train and manage volunteers for a variety of positions to establish and sustain strong special events committees.
- Oversee all logistical aspects of events to ensure that high production value and target revenue projection are met as well as expense goals.
- Coordinate and execute donor participation in events through sponsorships, in-kind donations, auction donations, and event participation.
- Work with the Executive Director to create and implement annual communication plan
- Lead the creation and coordination of newsletters, e-newsletters, flyers, collateral materials, website and social media. Generate content and maintain messaging and brand compliance in accordance with RMHC Branding Guidelines.
- Work with PRMH team to maintain active and engaging social media presence
- Coordinate logistics for communications and donor outreach/cultivation mailings; including printing materials, assembling mailings list, and mailing materials in a timely manner
May be assigned other development duties and responsibilities by the Executive Director.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of fundraising experience, including events, or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Enthusiastic, positive and team player attitude.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge and demonstrated experience with office management; knowledge of the organization’s operations of administrative programs; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills. Special events and communications experience a plus. Requires excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Ability to generate concise and compelling written materials, write reports, solicitation letters, business correspondence, newsletter articles, media releases and other content for events and marketing collateral. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, board members, families and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to generate and critically analyze event budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong knowledge of Excel and Word. Experience in Raisers Edge is strongly desirable, or other donor tracking software. Experience working with social media platforms and graphic software is a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job duties regularly require standing; walking; using hands and fingers, grasping, touch and feel; push and/or pull; reach with hands and arms; climb and/or balance; stoop, kneel; speak and listen. The employee is frequently required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move boxes/bags up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be available to work Monday through Friday with a minimum of 8 hours per day/40 hours per week. May need to work a flexible schedule on weekdays, occasional weekends, holidays and nights.