Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care, and support to children and families in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm, and joy. RMHCSC operates seven Ronald McDonald Houses and three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, along with Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a member of the Ronald McDonald House Orange County (RMHOC) Development Team responsible for developing integrated marketing strategy and the execution of the approved marketing plan. Responsibilities include coordinating marketing and communication initiatives appropriate to the organization’s image and purpose; develops digital media and printed materials as well as special event collateral.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop & implement search engine optimization strategy to improve organic search performance and drive web traffic
- Implement social media strategy and measure performance across platforms and campaigns
- Manage social media channels, execute media buy and content distribution to help deliver on organization’s goals
- Report on KPIs, make data based optimizations to drive performance improvement
- Create and develop social media content
- Create and maintain social media calendar
- Increase social media engagement across all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Produce weekly e-blast campaigns and maintain distribution lists with current donor email addresses
- In partnership with Chapter Website Admin, maintain RMHOC website content
- Create monthly/Bi monthly newsletter
- Work with Executive Director and Development Director - Individual Giving/Major Gifts
- to create annual Year-End Appeal campaign collateral
- Work with both RMHOC Development Director & Admin. Coordinator to maintain a database of all donor mailing list addresses
- Create and maintain other organization collateral pieces such as tour folders, note cards, annual report one-sheets, info graphics, etc.
- Work with print/mail vendor for timely submission of printed materials
- Working with the Development Director - Special Events Coordinator, design and produce collateral pieces as needed for special events including invites, save the dates, program journals, program tribute ads, and banners/signage
- Work with Operations Director and Guest Services Manager on the gathering of family stories, photos, and videos for use in digital and print communications
- Act as a brand steward, upholding RMHC Global brand standards and consistency in all projects
- Demonstrate ability to work with other staff, volunteers, and houseguests in a collaborative and compassionate manner
A proven record of exceptional accomplishment in writing, editing, proofreading, and layout/design skills. Self-motivated and able to solve problems. Superior project, time, and organizational management skills. Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and personalities. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience
- Confident communicator and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must possess experience in marketing, promotions, public relations, and special events
- Must possess big picture orientation with the ability to dive into the details.
- Must possess ability to project manage and work in a fast pace environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Must exhibit strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Must be experienced with layout and design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other office productivity tools (Outlook, Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Constant Contact, Digital Media)
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, preferably in the LA area, and experience with medical and or childcare organizations is a significant plus
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends for networking and fundraising events
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- General knowledge and demonstrated understanding of current trends in social media and digital media
- Ability to read, write and/or interpret general business documents and correspondence reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, families, employees, managers, and the general public. Proficiency in speaking and writing Spanish ideal.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts including basic math, percentages, discounts, and interest. Mange a budget, make data & budget based decisions, report on expenses and how they are supporting the objectives of the organization.
- Ability to function responsibly and autonomously as demonstrated by excellent decision-making skills. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Cloud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.