Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care and support to children and families in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm and joy. RMHCSC operates six Ronald McDonald Houses, and two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, along with Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
The Operations Associates, Guest Services (GSA) is part of a team that works 24/7, year round, and manages the entire operation of the house during scheduled shifts. The GSA is also responsible for the safety and overall management of the House while maintaining a caring environment with guests, volunteers and other staff members to uphold and be consistent with policies, procedures, and standards set by RMHCSC.
This position is for weekend overnight hours, with the option of filling in during the week when needed. Must also be available to work each holiday. (Rotating hours for these days.) Hotel or hospitality experience is required. Candidates with multi-language skills encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to program standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs;
- Act as first point of contact for any issues that may arise during scheduled shift;
- Interact with and offer comfort to House guests in a supportive manner, as appropriate;
- Respond to emergency situations and know how to use all safety equipment;
- Communicate in writing about events that occurred during shift, through daily log reports;
- Light housekeeping noted on daily operations check list such as vacuum, mop, sweep, dust and disinfect; and when necessary cleaning of guest rooms;
- Complete daily operations check list during shift;
- Ensure safety and security of guests and House during shift;
- Greet the public, accept and thank for donations, give House tours and answer questions related to all aspects of House operations;
- Respond to guest complaints, taking prompt and appropriate actions to resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained;
- Exercise good judgment in decision-making and reporting issues to the Operations Manager, Guest Services;
- Pay close attention to details with capability to oversee House operations and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast paced environment;
- Properly supervise House volunteers by ensuring that volunteers understand House commitment to guest service and that they observe standards of conduct, rules, safety regulations, and House policies;
- Data entry as requested;
- Conduct arrival and departure audits of guest rooms and common areas to ensure that House high cleaning standards are maintained.
- Assist when necessary in the processing of laundry throughout the day/evening/overnight ensuring that it is all washed, dried, folded and put in its proper location before the start of each shift.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
High School diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 1-3 years in same or similar position.
Hotel/hospital experience is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
General knowledge and demonstrated experience with office management; knowledge of the organizations and operations of administrative programs; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Candidate must demonstrate highly developed customer service skills, positive attitude, and pleasant demeanor.Candidates with multi-language skills encouraged to apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must be organized, focused and have track record of excellent judgment. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and work each holiday. (Rotating hours for these days.)
This position is for weekend overnight hours, with the option of filling in during the week when needed. Ability to work a flexible schedule is desired. Must be highly dependable, reliable, and respectful of following dress code requirements set forth by RMHCSC management.
Must be willing to undergo and provide the following;
- Background check required from RMHCSC.
- Physical, background, and drug test required from Bakersfield Memorial Hospital.
- Immunization records provided to Bakersfield Memorial Hospital and if not available must be willing to update immunization shots or proof of titer.
Ability to read and interpret basic information in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, board members, families and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job duties regularly require standing, walking, using hands to fingers, grasp, push, pull, and feel/touch; reaching with hands and arms; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling; talking and hearing. Frequently required to be on feet. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, must be willing to work independently and, when necessary, overseeing
the operations of the House alone. Must be available to work weekend overnight, and holiday shifts. (Rotating hours for these days.) The option of filling in during the week when needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.