Summary: The Assistant Registrar is directly involved in the process of registering campers to attend Summer Camp.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and review all camper/family paperwork (application, medical form, immunization record) and call families for additional information
- Process and input camper/family information from paperwork into Ultra Camp
- Pull camper/family files and place into session bins
- Relay any special needs/red flag camper/family concerns to Family Relations Manager and Program Director
- Work with the Family Relations Manager to prepare, assemble and mail all confirmations, pick-up reminders and postcards
- Work with the Family Relations Manager to photocopy application pieces for charge nurses, busses and counselors
- Mail/fax/email application requests to returning campers/families in a timely manner
- Maintain the integrity of the filing system
- Conduct visits with Family Relations Manager to hospitals to recruit new campers
- Works out of the Los Angeles based Camp Office
Education and Work Experience
- At least 19 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to speak near-fluent Spanish
- Ability to write in Spanish
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be detail oriented; possess strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing priorities in a fast paced environment. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, board members, families and the general public.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, use hands to finger, handle, pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work regular hours & shifts, Monday – Friday in a fast-paced office environment.