Building upon RMHCSC distinguished brand, the Executive Director will lead the vision and strategy for the Long Beach Ronald McDonald House. The Executive Director serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and is responsible for designing, implementing, and executing philanthropic programs and initiatives to meet the Long Beach House's short and long-term financial needs.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall success of the Long Beach Ronald McDonald House (LBRMH). The ED will bring energy, commitment, and innovation to drive LBRMH’s enhanced Board development, and community engagement. The ED is expected to promote a collaborative, revenue-oriented culture supporting the CEO and organizational leadership in cultivating high-capacity donors consistently. The ED will lead the development and execution of impactful fund development strategies for LBRMH’s individual donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Lead the organization’s development strategies in support of the $1.6 million budget.
- Develop and manage the funding/revenue base while focusing on a comprehensive fund development plan that identifies prospects, donors, and community partners to enhance the short- and long-term diversified funding base.
- Develop and lead LBRMH’s donor advancement plan that encourages donors to consider increased levels of giving & leads to a formal major giving program.
- Manage the development and cultivation of a strong board of directors, together with the chief executive officer and staff.
- Direct and oversee special events. As the spokesperson for the program, the ED will speak and provide relevant messaging at various events, including the annual Walk for Kids, Gala, and other social platforms.
- Work with the CEO and other Executive Directors to identify potential donors for chapter-wide initiatives, or in support of other chapter programs.
- Lead the management, and use of Raiser’s Edge on behalf of the LBRMH. Assure proper input and maintenance of donor and prospect records, gift management systems and acknowledgments, and informational reports.
- Ensure that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision, and plans.
- Develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the organization’s needs that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Identify, recruit, train, and develop a talented team of employees who can lead critical program functions.
- Oversee performance measures, monitor results, and help the CEO and board of directors evaluate the effectiveness of LBRMH’s development program.
- Manage and broaden a robust major giving program for individuals and corporations.
- Provide general oversight of LBRMH’s fund development activities, manage day-to-day operations, and monitor the adequacy of activities through coordination with the CEO, staff, and appropriate committees.
- Partner with the Board Chair in planning the agenda and materials for the Board meetings and the annual Board planning retreats.
- Assist the board of directors to determine accountabilities for board members and fundraising volunteers and help evaluate performance regularly.
- Work with the CEO to identify potential Directors for the LBRMH Board of Trustees.
- Build relationships with McDonald’s and McDonald owner operators, with the aim of further strengthening our partnership and increasing support for LBRMH.
- Team with the finance department to assure sound fiscal operation of the development function including timely, accurate, and comprehensive development of charitable contributions income and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring, and implementation.
- Oversee development and writing of foundation, corporate, and/or government proposals, and solicitation materials.
- Assure implementation of timely donor acknowledgments, stewardship, and recognition.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors, and ensure compliance with the code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Work with Chapter Leadership and Trustees to identify, plan for, and pursue opportunities for capital improvements once the house is in operation.
- Oversee and direct LBRMH’s social media presence and stakeholder communications.
- Develop strong relationships with Partner Hospitals and other key stakeholders.
- Serve as a key steward of medical partner relationships.
- Execute all other reasonable duties as assigned by the CEO.
Employee Management & Program Delivery
- Provide excellent supervision, goal setting and evaluation of all staff and volunteers. Inspire them to achieve to the best of their abilities.
- Ensure proper hiring and termination procedures as outlined by RMHCSC policies, guidelines and as required by law and oversee any and all coaching and counseling actions.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education.
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding, family-centered programs and services that are consistent with the mission of RMHCSC and RMHC Global.
Leadership, Management and Administration
- Develop and monitor a 3–5-year program plan that is consistent and in alignment with RMHCSC’s strategic plan.
- Participate as an active, contributing and collaborative member of the RMHCSC Leadership Team.
- Serve as a team leader for all assigned employees, building a cohesive and collaborative team.
- Prepare annual budget that aligns with the organizations mission, strategic plan and goals.
- Oversee the program’s financial performance with on-going budget monitoring.
- Work with the Chapter Chief Development Officer and Director of Finance and Administration to ensure the establishment and maintenance of sound fundraising, financial and risk management systems.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations especially as they pertain to nonprofit organizations.
- Provide a monthly, written, Executive Director's Report to the CEO and at Trustee meetings.
Marketing, PR, Communications and Partner Development
- Develop and implement marketing timeline and communications plans in partnership with RMHCSC’s Marketing Manager. Manage media relations in partnership with McDonald’s public relations agency and other media partners. Oversee development of event programs, brochures, flyers and all other publications.
- Develop strong relationships with assigned McDonald’s Owner/Operators and Partner Hospitals.
- An imagination, vision, leadership, and integrity.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of senior management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and preferably with direct stewardship of boards of directors.
- 7 years of major gift fundraising with individuals/corporations, capital campaign experience preferred.
- Experience with systems operations and financial/budgeting processes.
- Experience building out a team focused on building organizational capacity.
- A strategic approach to development with significant experience in cultivating and managing donors.
- A record of quantifiable success in development encompassing many areas of donor segmentation, research and cultivation.
- A demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, build public support, strengthen infrastructure, inspire staff and the board of directors, and develop effective programs.
- Experience with managing CRM platforms and supporting effective use/data entry and training on the platform, experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Possess exceptional financial, organizational, and administrative skills.
- The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organizes, and follow through.
- A solid interpersonal and communication skill set demonstrates the ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of varied and changing constituencies, including staff, board members, potential donors, volunteers, and the like.
- A track record as an effective communicator skilled at writing and verbally; adept at writing proposals, solicitation letters, donor correspondence, and other kinds of material to enhance fundraising.
- The flexibility to be a part of a team while simultaneously juggling various responsibilities.
- Possess computer skills with knowledge of Word and Excel and have experience with database software. Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Commitment to the mission and work of the RMHCSC with the credibility and persuasiveness to secure support from others.
- Familiarity with the philanthropic landscape of the Long Beach area.
- A manager who leads by example and exemplifies the values and ethics of the organization.
- An organized individual with strong creative and conceptual skills.
- A doer who functions effectively without being autocratic or political; must be a team player who is inclusive, flexible, creative, energetic, and fair-minded.
- A decisive and resourceful individual with the willingness to accept responsibility and take charge of results; able to work successfully with limited resources.
- A self-starter who is confident enough to express opinions, forging ahead when appropriate and holding back, when necessary, with a sensitivity to the feelings and opinions of others.
- An energetic person who is emotionally mature and dependable, a collegial individual.
- Being bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- A salary range of $130,000 to $145,000 plus a competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
Please send resumes to:
Sterling Search, Inc.
Direct all correspondence, e-mail, and telephone calls to Sterling Search, Inc.
Any correspondence, e-mail, or telephone calls received by RMHCSC will be redirected
to Sterling Search, Inc.