Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care and support to children and families in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm and joy. RMHCSC operates six Ronald McDonald Houses, and two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, along with Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
The Administrative Coordinator is part of a team that oversees the administrative support duties and supports the mission for the Pasadena Ronald Mc Donald House (PRMH) while upholding the policies, procedures, and standards set by RMHCSC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general office support for the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House; answer the telephone, organize and maintain files, maintain records, office equipment/supplies and professional physical appearance of the office and coordinate general operations of the House.
- Work with the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California finance department to reconcile monthly expenses and revenue, prepare and make deposits (use eDeposit system and go to the bank as necessary), accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare check requests for invoices for the House and obtain the appropriate authorization signatures. Prepare monthly expense reports for self and other staff.
- Act as the first point of contact for volunteer inquiries submitted by phone and by web, answering questions and providing information as needed.
- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, assist with the coordination and calendaring of volunteer groups at the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House.
- Ensure that all donations to the Pasadena Ronald McDonald House are acknowledged and entered into the Raisers Edge database in a timely manner.
- Function as the lead in the development of the database capabilities to support fundraising goals, which includes but is not limited to, entering new donors into the database and updating records ensuring accurate contact information.
- Under the supervision of the Development Manager, assist with the organization and execution of special events that support PRMH to ensure that high production value and target revenue goals are met. These events include but are not limited to Walk for Kids, Annual Gala as well as third party events. This includes tracking sponsorships, tickets, and payments.
- Work with Executive Director to prepare board meeting agendas, to draft scripts for verbal reports, and to collect written reports and materials from other departments and distribute accordingly.
- Attend and take minutes for board committee meetings as needed.
- Track and report on Board membership and demographics, giving, House engagement, meeting participation and any other reports as requested.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience:
High school diploma; three years administrative support in a customer service or non-profit setting. Interest in doing meaningful nonprofit work – specifically with helping sick children and their families, is desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
Requires excellent attention to detail and superior time management skills. General knowledge and demonstrated experience with accounting procedures; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, volunteers, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, and the general public.
Spanish speaking abilities is a plus.
Microsoft Office Suite, Raisers Edge or other donor database software, preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.